Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Mall Grab

Last week I grabbed dinner at the newly renovated Westfield Culver City Mall to find this to my amazement.

Let me start off by saying that I was never down with Brooklyn Projects. I came into the shop a few times on Melrose but never bought anything from there. There was always a feeling of unauthenticity whenever I visited the shop and this "action" just put all those feelings to life.

The mall skate shop? What is the purpose of the mall skateshop if it isn't to reep the essence of skateboarding and it's culture and taint it. Whether it be financial or financial or financial, what other purpose could you possibly have to support your motive of opening shop in a middle class shopping center?

For those that are not familiar with Brooklyn Projects, it is a high profile skate shop owned by ex- 80's Mtv VJ, Dom Deluca. Not a skater, but probably like everybody else, was fascinated by the culture. Hence, opening a skateshop in Hollywood. It's high profile clientele include Baker, DC, Nike sb, Crooks & Castles and the Hundreds. I don't even know who skate for them but they're probably popular with the high school kids at Fairfax High being right next door.

When I saw this, I said to myself, "There goes the neighborhood". The brands and items that you once loved because it was unique ( that being that you can only get them at your neighborhood local skateshop) will now readily available to mall-grabbers everywhere.

If you are a rep for any of the companies listed on the banner. Please consider pulling your acccount from Brooklyn Projects. Especially you Nike sb and Cons. I could give two shits about the hundreds, Gooks & Castles and the rest of the non-skate companies that don't represent shit.

Please don't represent this store as this store does not represent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment