Friday, April 9, 2010

Let's Start A Shoe Line. HUF 2010 Shoe Line.

Photobucket

Last years' annual Moat show @ the Skatepark of Tampa (SPOT) hosted some of the dopest names in the skate game including Nike SB, DVS, Etnies and Moat show virgins, HUF. Headed by non other than REAL's Kieth Hufnagel, San Fran's hippest skate boutique has expanded quite nicely with stockists around the country, multiple big time collabo's (Nike, Vans, JanSport, etc) and a new shop locale in Los Angeles.
So what's next? The shoe game of course. And not by collaborations, this time the boys at HUF are taking things in their our hand. As previewed last year in Tampa, HUF released samples of their upcoming line. As for riders? I myself don't know yet but I'll be sure to keep you updated. I love how Kieth named his store and brand from his name. Kids are walking around wearing his name on their hats! sweet.
Photobucket

With a lot of companies in the skate/street wear industry starting in house shoe factories (Element, Habitat, The Hundreds, etc), where does this put the real skate companies at? Now I'm no economist or business professional but I'm asking this question from a skater point of view. It seems that nowadays, kids aren't skating as much from when I was growing up. I'm guessing all the kids these days are technologically tied down with the X-box live or whatever. But what happens to the skate shoe companies? Start making flip flops and leg warmers? I sure as hope not. Remember Osirus' Storm? Are the same people who were responsible for that video responsible for this shoe???? Jerry Hsu was in The Storm.
Photobucket
Photobucket

There is really no conclusion to my observation. It's just my observation. Like I said, I'm not an economist or sociologist. All I can say is support your own. Support the cause and keep it real. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment