Saturday, July 31, 2010

Vans Draw the Line

This may not be significant at all to you but it is to me. Most people fail even to pay attention to this kind of detail but this is my favorite Vans model and I'm hyped about the minor yet significant detail. The side stripe. If by nothing else, the Vans old skool model is infamously known and identified by the white (on the black/white colorway) side stripe that is present on both the inner and outer side panels.
Photobucket

The last few years, the Vans old skool has been made with what in my opinion was the cheapest quality ever. Both the lining of the shoe and overall structure was poor. However, recently I have noticed a difference in the newer production of the old skools which is the skinnier side stripe! At first I thought it was a pair of the reissue 92's but turns out they are a run of the mill GR version of the Old Skool. After I picked the shoe up to examine its details, I notice the changes in the quality of the lining and midsoles. Much much better. I don't have a picture of the new production old skools but here is a sample pic of the "crappy skools" and the version of the newer production. See the difference? Of course not.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment