Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cons SB


When I started skating in the early nineties I knew nothing about the industry. I never glanced at Thrasher or Transworld. I didn't know any pro's or even any skate shoe company exept for Vans and Airwalk. Many kids I saw skateboarding were rocking Converse One Stars. A vulcanized suede upper very suitable for skating but never really considered as a skate shoe. This shoe was both durable and reasonably priced at the time. Right off the bat I was introduced to Converse and skateboarding.

Over 15 years later, Skateboarding officially welcomes Converse. In 2008 Cons introduces the Cons skate team and the Cons Skate Shoes which includes the timeless Chuck Taylor Oxford Low model. A timeless classic.

The team consists of Anthony Pappalardo (who quit Lakai), Ethan Fowler, Sammy Baca, Raymond Molinar, and Nick Trapasso. Their website is fully loaded, very artsy, not too much and too little. Converseskateboarding.com. Really looking forward to what they have in store. Crossing my fingers that they don't F up like Nike in their first attempt at skateboarding. (I don't think Cons will make the same mistake).

If you're familiar with the progression of skateboarding and skate shoes throughout the years, you may have noticed the presence of the Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star. Probably the most infamous of any sneaker ever produced. The most imitated shoe of all time and the oldest. Once again, welcome. I wish them the best and look forward to the future of skateboarding. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment