Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Primetime Kenny, Eli, Baca, and Glifberg

During the Lakers opener/Ring Ceremony today vs the Houston Rockets I saw Kenny Anderson! Eli Reed! Sammy Baca! Rune Glifberg! Yikes. Primetime baby. What do they all have in common? Of course Converse. I don't really understand what's going on in the commercial but who the hell cares. All I got to say is Kenny Anderson and Eli Reed. That's enough. It looks like they shot in NY. Where's Pappalardo?

It still trips me out when I see skateboarding out of it's elements whether its prime time TV or movies or whatever. It makes me feel that even with the X-games and other wacky interpretations of skateboarding, it is still underground, it's still not accepted fully and it is still a way to rebel. I hope and think that skateboarding will always have that element and feel. After all, this is the reason you picked up your board and have not put it down since.

No comments:

Post a Comment