Monday, January 31, 2011

All Time Favorite Skate Shoe of All "My" Time #5

Throughout the next month I will be posting my top 5 skate shoes of "my" time. I say "my" time because these are my all time favorite skate shoe since I started skating in 1993. I really had a hard time putting them in chronological order so they will be listed in no particular order. So here is my #5 skate shoe of "ALL MY" time.

The Jason Lee Airwalk.
Photobucket

This was the first pro shoe that I came to know. I didn't know who Jason Lee was or have ever seen him but I noticed the older kids I started skating with wearing them. The shoe itself could be labeled as "the perfect skate shoe". All suede with cup soles. Simple. Effective. Super comfortable. This would be the dominant blue print to many skate shoe company models for the next 5 years and still exists today. Classic and timeless. Just like the man himself.

Photobucket

Being the personable kid I was, I got my hands on a pair and it was my second pair of skate shoes I ever had. I actually landed my first kickflip in these. Still didn't know who Jason Lee was. All I knew that he and Tony Hawk had signature shoes from Airwalk at the time so Jason Lee had to be good. lol.

Photobucket

I wish I still had my pair of Jason Lee Airwalks from when I first started skating but what did I know. Back then I was so eager to get on to the next shoe that when I did, I never looked back at my old pair. I really miss the one shoe at a time routine, now that I'm older I've got more shoes than I can thrash.

No comments:

Post a Comment