Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010. It's Time For Some Axion

Photobucket
One of the most anticipated things that I was looking forward to in 2010 was the return of one of my favorite skate shoe companies of all time, Axion Footwear. In the late 90's, Axion killed it with the sickest footwear with the sickest team. Straight Hip Hop!
Photobucket
Gino, Guy, Kareem, Lorenzo, BA and so many more dope ass skaters!! Wtf! Dream team of skate shoe teams. Not to mention the sickest flow team riders. Shit went down and so did the company. Left me shoeless for a hot minute there. I think it has almost been 10 years in the making of the comeback for Axion Footwear. Here are the first runs (not even out til Febuary yo, so hold your horses)
Photobucket
Nino
Photobucket
Liberty
Photobucket
Mandela
You gotta understand that I was anticipating this comeback since I heard the rumors a few years back. With that anticipation came high hopes. Very high hopes. Now I don't expect them to start back right where they left off (although that would be tight). I know that they won't slab dab have an all star team with Guy and Gino but I didn't want them to get all Supra on me with futuristic fly me to the moon shoes(ie, skytop). I understand the progression of skateboarding and the technology of the equipment have advanced over the years, but one thing that doesn't have to change is style. I guess what I'm trying to say to the peeps at Axion 2010 is, don't stray too far from the originals! No vulcanized (regardless of how hot and trendy it is, no moon shoes cuz we ain't goin nowhere quite yet and lets not have a bag of skittles act as a Pantone color chart.
Photobucket
Best be known that I will be rocking these with a vengence come February. From the looks of it, the first releases are mirroring the late 90's price tag. AIN'T NOTHIN WRONG WITH THAT! Skater friendly affordability my friend. Aint nothin wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment